KELLY ROWLAND ON DECISION TO BREAK GRAMMY’S DRESS CODE

Singer Kelly Rowland attends the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on February 10, 2013 in Los Angeles

*Kelly Rowland’s dress became a topic of conversation on social media and the red carpet at Sunday’s Grammy Awards ceremony.

“I thought about the dress code, and I thought about it again,” she told reporters backstage, referring to the Grammy’s much-discussed memo prohibiting dresses that showed off too much skin. “I respect it. See, I wore clothes,” she said, pointing to her stunning black gown with mesh panels from Georges Chakra.


Presenter Kelly Rowland poses in the press room at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards at Staples Center on February 10, 2013 in Los Angeles

As for a possible Destiny’s Child reunion tour with Beyonce and Michelle Williams following their Super Bowl performance, Rowland said don’t count on it.

“I can’t say anything about a possible tour. I know Beyonce is touring,” Rowland said after presenting an award with Nas.

“I have my new single ‘Kisses Down Low,’ and Michelle is doing ‘Fela!’” she said. “If something like that comes up in conversation – it hasn’t – then we’ll see what happens.”

Singer Kelly Rowland (L) and rapper Nas speak onstage at the 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards at Staples Center on February 10, 2013 in Los Angeles

Comments

Popular Posts