ANITA BAKER ON DATING AND BEING SINGLE

She may be in her 50s and divorced, but Anita Baker still gets out to meet new single men.
anita baker*The singer is among those in the American population waiting for the right companion. But she’s not the conventional type who tries to force a spark or fish for chemistry. She says it’s got to be organic.

“I meet a lot of people and you exchange energy and somebody may call you and you call someone and you develop a relationship out of a relationship, out of a friendship or a peer group,” she shares.

“And then you end up having a cocktail sometime, or having a cup of coffee, and that turns into, ‘Well, call me later, ‘ ‘Well, OK, yeah, I’ll call you too!’ There is no dating. It’s very organic. And I love that. You know, nobody’s like, ‘I gotta get a date. It’s Saturday.’”

Being single isn’t far from heaven, the singer explained.

“My sons are out of the nest, you know, both of them, come September,” she states. “I’m traveling more, I’m meeting new people. I’m finding that in this stage of my life, a love life is richer. In my perspective, the people that I’m meeting, it’s not so anxious. It’s not so immediate. It’s just very relaxed.

Anita’s eighth album, “Only Forever,” will be out soon

iTunes for Mac + PC

Lately - Single

Lately - Single, Anita BakerAnita Baker

Open iTunes to preview, buy, and download music.

Comments

Popular Posts