BEYONCE IGNORES DOCTOR'S ORDERS WITH ANTWERP PERFORMANCE



Leave it to Beyoncé to perform even when she's told not to. After postponing her show Tuesday night in Antwerp, Belgium, upon doctor's orders, the singer took the stage Wednesday evening for her second scheduled show in the country, this time against them.

She had cited dehydration and exhaustion for the reason she canceled Tuesday's gig, but one night later, she was back at work. And in footage from the show, she thanked the crowd during the latest stop on her Mrs. Carter Show tour.

"How y'all doing? I said, How you doing? I just have to say I feel so good to be on the stage," she said in a glittering white bodysuit. "I have the best fans in the world. It's somebody's birthday. Happy birthday! Now my doctors told me not to perform tonight, but there was no way in the world. I just have to say that y'all give me so much inspiration, and I just want to thank you guys."

As the opening notes of "Flaws and All" played, she told the room, "This song is for all for all [the] BeyHive. I love y'all."

Beyoncé's 2013 Album: Everything We Know So Far!

Earlier on Wednesday, Beyoncé posted a handwritten note to her fans, apologizing for the missed gig, but promising she would perform that night.

"To my dearest fans in Antwerp," she wrote in the letter posted on her Facebook page. "I've never postponed a show in my life. It was very hard for me. I promise I will make it up very soon. I'm sorry if I disappointed you. Thank you for your concern. I'm feeling much better now and I'm ready to give you a great show."

Tuesday's canceled show has been rescheduled for May 31. Beyoncé has Thursday (May 16) off before taking the stage in Zurich, Switzerland on Friday (May 17). The tour will remain abroad right through June 1. After a short hiatus, she'll play her first Stateside show on June 28 in Los Angeles at the Staples Center.

Beyoncé is expected to release a new album sometime this year, but has yet to confirm a release date for it.

Comments

Popular Posts