WHITNEY'S SISTER IN LAW BELIEVES SHE WAS MURDERED

Both Patricia and Oprah were reduced to tears as Mrs Houston explained the events of February 11 


  • Member of her security was second person at scene and tried to resuscitate her
  • Patricia, Whitney's sister-in-law was third person in the room
  • The late singer's brother Gary said he never expected a call that his sister had died
She's usually the rock who holds it together as people open up about their lives to her.

But even veteran interview Oprah Winfrey couldn't contain her emotions as Patricia recounted the awful moment she discovered her sister-in-law Whitney dead.

Both Oprah and Patricia dissolved into floods of tears during the first television interview with the family since Whitney's death.
Tough talk: Whitney Houston's sister-in-law Patricia Houston spoke out about the moment she found the singer dead in her hotel room

Tough talk: Whitney Houston's sister-in-law Patricia Houston spoke out about the moment she found the singer dead in her hotel room

Recalling the fateful day, February 11, Patricia explained how Whitney had eaten lunch in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton and she was returning from running an errand when she went to go and see the singer in her room.

She explained: 'I headed down the hallway I heard screaming.'

'I was going to her room she had been asking for me she had called my phone twice and I was going to see her.'

Patricia explained: 'I headed down the hallway to her room and I heard screams and I saw the hairstylist (Mary) drop to her knees and I kept walking very slowly a woman opened her door.'
Emotional story: Oprah broke down in tears as Patricia told how a Mary a hairstylist and makeup artist had found Whitney before she entered the hotel room
Emotional story: Oprah broke down in tears as Patricia told how a Mary a hairstylist and makeup artist had found Whitney before she entered the hotel room
Emotional: Both Patricia and Oprah were reduced to tears as Mrs Houston explained the events of February 11 Emotional: Both Patricia and Oprah were reduced to tears as Mrs Houston explained the events of February 11
Emotional: Both Patricia and Oprah were reduced to tears as Mrs Houston explained the events of February 11

'I saw the makeup artist drop to her knees and I knew something was wrong I was just numb I walked I told her to dial 911.'

At this point both Patricia and Oprah Winfrey broke down in tears at the emotional story.

After regaining her composure Patricia continued: 'I got close and I turn the corner Mary was at the door and she is screaming "Oh my god" I told her to stop and I said "calm down"'

'When I got into the room I saw Ray (security guard) trying to revive her to the point of exhaustion. I said "Ray", the paramedics were coming in at that point, I said "Ray let it go"'.

'He said "I tried" he was so out of breath I felt so badly for him.'

Patricia said Whitney was in the bathtub and had a peaceful look on her face.

She explained: 'She was in the tub – I don’t know how she got there. They had to pull her out of the tub and were trying to revive her.'

'We had a spiritual connection': Patricia told Oprah how close she and the late singer were
'We had a spiritual connection': Patricia told Oprah how close she and the late singer were

Patricia, who was not only Whitney's friend but also her manager, said the paramedics asked her to leave.

She said: 'I couldn’t leave her and I said don’t touch me please and I saw them cover her up and I knew that that was it. I knew that was it. Just looking at her and watching that I still could not believe it I could not believe it.'

While all this was going on Whitney's daughter Bobby Kristina was also at the hotel and was in fact sitting on the balcony of her own hotel room down the hall.

Oprah made sure she got the details of that day clear and said: 'Mary found her and Mary called Ray who was across the hall and you were the next person in that room?'

Patricia replied: 'I believe so yes.'

Describing her relationship with Whitney Patricia had said: 'There was a spiritual connection.'

Changing: Patricia said in the years before Whitney's death she was changing her life around, but was 'looking for love in other places'
Changing: Patricia said in the years before Whitney's death she was changing her life around, but was 'looking for love in other places'

She also said that she felt Whitney's spirit was still with her and speaking to her - something Whitney's daughter Bobbi Kristina had spoken of earlier.

Patricia said: 'Her spirit is so strong she is always telling me ‘I got you’ I got your back.'

Later in the interview Patricia also said that she always feared drugs would end the singer’s life.

Patricia also said she was 'kidding herself' to say that she hadn't worried about the tragic singer's lifestyle over the years.

Speaking for the first time to trusted U.S talkshow host Oprah, Patricia, who is married to Whitney's brother, was asked if she thought drugs would end up 'taking' Whitney Houston. The 'handwriting was kind of on the wall,' she replied.

The pop star was changing how she lived, Patricia said, and 'it wasn’t about substance abuse or anything like that relative to the ... latter days or anything like that.'

Revealing interview: Bobbi Kristina and Gary Houston are also interviewed on Oprah
Revealing: Bobbi Kristina and Gary Houston are also interviewed on Oprah

'It was just more of a lifestyle. I was afraid for other things,' she added, 'I saw her chasing a dream, you know, looking for love in all the wrong places.'

Whitney was found unresponsive in a Los Angeles hotel room on February 11. The exact cause of death is yet to be confirmed, as toxicology results are still pending.

'Were you always afraid of that day, February 11, showing up in your life?' Oprah asked her. 'Were you always afraid of getting a phone call or hearing that this is the day that it's happened?'

'If things hadn't changed. But things had, were, changing,' Patricia responded. 'Things were really changing with her. Very much so. ... I was afraid for other things.'

Worried: The family reveal to Oprah they were 'afraid' for Whitney's future, Patricia is seen here with Whitney just three days before she died in LA
Worried: The family reveal to Oprah they were 'afraid' for Whitney's future, Patricia is seen here with Whitney just three days before she died in LA

Patricia also spoke about the Thursday night before her death when she Bobbi Kristina and Whitney attended a party together.

At the pre-Grammy event Whitney was said to have had a fight with former X Factor contestant Stacy Francis.

Patricia said she went to the event as 'sister protector' and saw Whitney and Stacy exchange angry words but said there was no violence.

Oprah also spoke to Whitney's brother and Patricia's husband Gary who said he never thought he would have received a call saying his younger sister was dead.


Big brother: Whitney's elder sibling Gary also spoke to Oprah about his late sister
Whitney's elder sibling Gary also spoke to Oprah about his late sister

Close: Gary said he never expected to learn his sister had died. Seen here with Patricia and Whitney
Close: Gary said he never expected to learn his sister had died. Seen here with Patricia and Whitney

He said: 'Not this soon I never thought anything like this would happen.'

Gary also outlined that Whitney's husband Bobby Brown had been welcome at the funeral and contrary to reports the singer's family had never not wanted him there - but he said he didn't know what happened at the funeral, Bobby was said to have stormed out over a seating issue.

Oprah asked the couple if either of them had spoken to him.

Patricia said: 'He reached out to me a couple of days after the funeral.'

She said Bobby asked after Bobbi Kristina and she said: 'I told him she was OK'.

Remembering Whitney: The interview ended with Gary and Patricia singing a Whitney track and Gary and Oprah broke down in tears
Remembering Whitney: The interview ended with Gary and Patricia singing a Whitney track and Gary and Oprah broke down in tears

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2113721/Oprah-Winfrey-tears-interview-Patricia-Houston-recalls-finding-Whitney-dead.html#ixzz1yD6gMWlq

Comments

Popular Posts