MY TRAVELS | DANCING IN DUBAI

I have always wanted to go to Dubai, and in February, I received an invite from my friend and Kizomba dancer/promoterAma Claudia to attend the 1st Edition of the Kizomba GOLD Dubai Festival - a 5 day festival of dance workshops, socials & parties into the night. This amazing festival, attracts truly international Kizomba lovers from all around the world as well as from United Emirates.



I traveled to Dubai from Manchester via Amsterdam, where I had an
 18 hour stop over, which was a good excuse to check out the local Kizomba sceneI headed over to the Kizomba Lounge at Club S.U.R in Rotterdam, where, every Wednesday night they host a purely kizomba party. Luckily, it was 1st party of the year! Dj Walter Correia & Dj Stefanio Lima behind the decks. so the music was on point with lots of great dancers and a warm friendly atmosphere. They even served food which went down very nicely indeed.

Kizomba Lounge · This wednesday! · 3 February, 2016 · 1st party of the year! Dj Walter Correia & Dj Stefanio Lima behind the decks so don't miss out

The next day, I flew to Dubai on board one of them new Boeing 787 Dreamliners. I only know this because the KLM flight crew, made a big announced about the plane being brand new and this was to be its maiden flight T.M.I. I ain't a good flyer, so this did not, make me any less anxious. That said, the KLM flight crew's #HappytoHelp approach, free WiFi and smooth flight, made for a surprisingly pleasant journey.



I touched down in Dubai and headed to the breathtaking, Grand Excelsior Hotel in Al Barsha which is where the Kizomba Gold Festival was taking place...



















Lively, fun-filled nights parties, specially NURSES & DOCTORS night. (Scroll down to video) 







In between classes and parties, I took time out to go to Jumeriah Beach...






I also had something to eat at a friendly Japanese place. just a stones throw away from the beach...





and checked out Dubai Marina,



I even managed to find parking space for my ride...



The Marina skyline is just incredible after sunset,


Special thanks to Tanya Weekes globetrotting Photographer and fellow Blogger for the shots of me & Dubai, ...also your support and contribution to my first blog post.





Capturing that golden time of day, as the sunsets at Jumeriah Beach


My time here was too short, but I'll definitely be back to check out some of the Hidden Treasures of this historic an culturally rich region also the lesser know random secrets like the view of the sunset from the RAK sanctuary.



Festival Photography: Farantini
Festival Videography: Beatriz Soto
Event: Kizomba Lounge
Location: CLUB S.U.R • Rotterdam, Netherlands

Comments

  1. Wow, this is phenomenal Lloyd, I enjoyed every second of it all, this page just about sums up the kind of guy that you are, so loving, loved by many and a very adventurous person. Looking forward in seeing any updates. Such a fantastic inspiration. Thank you for being a great friend...All my love and Blessings, Mary Taylor.Xx������❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! thanks so much for the lovely words, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend that you go to Dubai, I think you would love it. I really appreciate your support, love and blessings and thankyou too for being such a great friend. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts