RIHANNA APOLOGIZES FOR 777 TOUR MAYHEM

The singer addressed the peeved press corps aboard the Boeing 777 at the center of her seven-day, seven-country promotional tour.


Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Rihanna sits in the cockpit of the plane before taking off to her first stop on the 777 tour on November 14, 2012. Rihanna's 777 Tour - 7 countries, 7 days, 7 shows in celebration of the November 19, 2012 release of 'Unapologetic.'
Her new album is titled “Unapologetic,” but Rihanna asked for forgiveness Tuesday.
The Barbadian bombshell told the peeved press corps aboard the Boeing 777 at the center of her seven-day, seven-country promotional tour she was sorry about their lack of access.

"I know you guys got barely any dirt. …But I had to be good. I still sound like sh--,” she told the disappointed writers as the plane prepared for its final stop in New York, Us Weekly reported.

“It's impossible to spend time with everybody, and I'm sorry I didn't. But this was excellent and I would definitely do it again,” she reportedly said.



Kevin Mazur/WireImage
Rihanna greets guests on the plane to her first stop on the 777 tour on Nov. 14.

The sultry superstar started the unorthodox promo tour in high spirits last week, pouring champagne into plastic cups and laughing with the 250 journalists, contest winners and entourage members along for the “once-in-a-lifetime” ride.

But the Nov. 14 kick-off party and media mingling was short-lived. Rihanna quickly disappeared behind her first-class curtains – and stayed there, reporters groused.

Somewhere between Berlin and London on Monday, the cooped-up correspondents started to mutiny.

Some chanted “Save Our Jobs,” and “Just One Quote”, according to various reports.

One particularly agitated Australian shock jock streaked naked through the cabin in protest.



fuse via YouTube

An Australian shock jock streaks through the aisles of Rihanna's 777 Monday morning and is caught on camera by a Fuse videographer.

Another journalist handed out fake "Missing: Rihanna" flyers, Us Weekly reported.

The tour was even dubbed “Occupy 777,” tweeted Fuse’s Jason Newman.

Rihanna tried to smooth the ruffled feathers Tuesday with the last-minute cabin cameo and show of
gratitude.

"I want to thank everyone for making this trip the sh--,” she said, according to Us Weekly.

She explained she had no choice but to sleep during their flights.


Kevin Mazur/WireImage
Rihanna greets guests on the plane to her first stop on the 777 tour.

“I had to preserve my health. Normally, I'd be back here popping bottles with y'all,” she said. “I had to preserve my voice. I was worried about my body more than partying on the plane, so I had to just sleep whenever I could. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did."

Despite the tour’s turbulence, Rihanna said she didn’t regret it.

“I was glad I did this, absolutely,” she reportedly said.

She even gave playful props to the flasher from down under.

“I want to see the naked Australian!" she demanded, according to Us.

Rihanna tweeted Tuesday that the final stop on the 777 tour would be Webster Hall in Manhattan.

Comments

Popular Posts